Thursday, May 12, 2011

Classic New England Affair

I may be Southern, but I have a soft spot for my yankee friends.  And, an even bigger soft spot for gorgeous New England weddings, with Southern inspirations.  Now that I've said my piece on that, the next thing I have to say is, "All you Lilly Pulitzer loving, Jack Rodger wearing, classic brides need to check out this iconic New England wedding that will have you make a B-line to the Cape."  This wedding has so many inspirations, I can barely keep up!  I love the classic J Crew-esque color palette and the grand location of this wedding.  Any summer bride can draw inspiration from this seaside affair!
So here's a little background on this couple: Alex and Andrew met while attending Vanderbilt University.  The ceremony and reception was at the Castle Hill at Crane Estate in Ipswich, Mass.  The bride and groom used a fun color palette of navy, hot pink, and celery green in their table settings.  Although the wedding was in Massachusetts, the couple added southern elements in their reception, including a signature cocktail of sweet tea vodka and lemonade.  The couple also chose a nautical Kate Spade invitation and created pin wheels (my favorite!) for place cards.  Personal touches were visible throughout this wedding, from incorporating the couples dog in photos on each table to pinning the couples sorority and fraternity pins on the brides bouquet.
I know you will just fall in love and gather tons of inspiration from this classic New England wedding... I know I did!



The navy blue and white letterpress invitations were made locally in Massachusetts by Blush Design Studio, and the rehearsal invite on the right with the lobster is from Kate Spade.


Alexa placed a blue A & A on the bottom of her shoes for her "something blue."
Alexa wore a Watters and Watters San Miguel wedding gown.







Rather than a traditional guest book, the couple asked guests to write words of wisdom
and well wishes for married life.

Adorable hand made pinwheel name cards... so easy to do and looks so unique!

The couple used photo's of their dog for table numbers.
The pinwheel theme continues on this gorgeous cake.  I love this!
Signature, Southern cocktail for this New England wedding: Sweet tea Vodka and Lemonade... YUM!

Love the bow-tie napkin detail at the place setting!

The couple made over 1,000 cookies for their cookie buffet!

Another southern tradition- Cornhole- present at this South meets North wedding

No, No, No.. Thank you Alex and Andrew for a gorgeous wedding!!

Photo Credit: Heather Parker/ For more go check out GetMarried.com

1 comment:

  1. I'm absolutely in love with this!! :) Maybe one day I'll use this as inspiration!

    ReplyDelete