Tuesday, April 5, 2011

The Dress... How do you say yes?

When you first started planning your wedding, what was your first thought?  The venue, church, honeymoon, color scheme???  For me it was the dress...  Or, should I say THE dress.  Even before I was engaged I dreamed about my wedding dress.  I would sketch different designs, look at the most popular designers in magazines and websites, and of course DVR every episode of "Say Yes to the Dress".  Now that the big day is approaching I cannot figure out what it is I want!  You would think after years and years of looking I'd have some sort of idea-- but this is not the case.  I've had a few appointments, which did not resemble even 1 episode of my favorite TV show, and I still haven't found THE one.  After my fourth appointment, I got a better idea of what I was interested in.  To my surprise it was nothing like 13 year old Ashley's ideas.

My absolute favorite designers are Romona Keveza, Amsale, Lazaro, & Alvina Valenta.  I love styles that are classic, but have some sort of modern twist.  The Romona Keveza L216 featured a more modern lace that has a small swiss dot design.  I love the belt that comes with this style, but the Swarovski crystal belt, seen on style L239, looks amazing with this dress! It takes it to a whole new level.  Style Naya from Amsale's 2011 bridal collection is a prime example of a classic bridal shape with a modern twist.  From fabric to neckline, this timeless silhouette is updated for the 21st century bride who still wants to call herself 'classic'.  Of course no post could be complete without talking about ball gowns.  Every girl dreams of that princess moment and nothing says princess like a ball gown!  The Lazaro and Alvina Valenta style below are breathtaking and simply unbelievable in person- and on the body!  They transform you into another era of sophistication and fantasy.  I had to include these two styles in this post because they are stunning examples of bridal wear at its best, but I know they are not for me.  No one in their right mind would wear a ball gown for a June wedding in New Orleans!  I broke into a full sweat just lifting it up to get it on my body!  If it were for a cooler season, or location, I'd be sold on the Alvina Valenta AV9110.  But for now, I'm keeping an eye out for my perfect dress so I can say YES!



LEGENDS BY ROMONA KEVEZA
Left: Style # L216, French Lace, fit & flare, chapel train
Right: Style # L239, Satin, Modified Mermaid with Swarovski crystal belt, chapel train


  AMSALE
Style: Kendall
Silk Radzmir, Trumpet gown with crystal beaded belt and origami crumb catcher at back.


AMSALEStyle: Naya
Silk Mikado, Trumpet gown with asymmetrical neckline and crystal flower brooch

AMSALE
Style: Aubrey
Silk Faille, Trumpet gown with asymmetrically folded neckline and ruched natural waist, vintage beaded brooch.









LazaroStyle: LZ3111
Ivory silk faced satin ball gown, ruched bodice, jewel encrusted band at natural waist, full gathered ball gown skirt, chapel train
Alvina ValentaStyle: AV9110
Ivory/Oyster silk faced duchess ball gown with jeweled
embroidered bodice, Ivory satin ribbon with jeweled detail at
natural waist, pleated skirt with side pockets, chapel train





No comments:

Post a Comment